SUPPORTS AND SOLIDARITY
THE SUPPORTS AND SOLIDARITY WORKING GROUP
We have worked with ILEDs in our five priority countries (Brazil, Colombia, Kenya, Mexico and The Philippines) to develop The Phonebook, a tool to allow defenders and local organizations to identify donors and other sources of support more efficiently and transparently. The Phonebook has been built with direct input from defenders as a tool designed to bring ILEDs closer to the organizations working to support them.
SUPPORTING ENVIRONMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS REPORT
Over the last two years, ALLIED worked closely with defenders and local organizations in Brazil, Colombia, Kenya, Mexico, and the Philippines to learn about:
- their most pressing support and information needs,
- the obstacles they encounter in accessing protection support, and
- the challenges that organizations typically face in the delivery of effective support to ILEDs.
The key learnings and recommendations from this two-year project have been summarized in this report, which seeks to inform concrete steps to increase the impact of existing and future strategies to support ILEDs.
HOW WE WORK
- Bottom-up approach and direct ILEDs participation
- Intersectionality approach
WHO WE ARE
- Amazon Watch
- CEALDES, Colombia
- Center For Justice Governance & Environmental Action
- IUCN, Philippines
- Universal Rights Group
- World Resources Institute
- We thank the dozens of ILEDs who have worked closely with us, guiding our work and efforts.